Zach Braff to be the voice?

All facts, rumors, and wishlists for the upcoming remake.
Nessa

Re: Zach Braff to be the voice?

Postby Nessa » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:54 am

J5fangirl - Yeah, I saw your post. Ginnie's right about it being a very old fake.
Ginnie - hooray for Furby!

All I remember doing on the internet when I was 9, was looking up Beanie Babies. They had a picture of each one and it took a dog's age to load the page.

Julian Wilbury

Postby Julian Wilbury » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:06 am

I wasn't allowed on the Internet a lot until I was 12 or something. AND I FELT LEFT OUT 'CAUSE ALL THE COOL PEOPLE IN SCHOOL WERE ONLINE. >8|And when I did sneak on I...looked at Beanie Babies. Huh. I'm not even making this up, they were totally the first thing I looked up..>.>

I think I'm better off I didn't get online until I was well down the road towards angsty teenhood. When I was 9 I still had stupid stories (usually with robots) to make up while on the playground. :P

Sorta on-topic, I gotta admit I'm totally behind with newer voice actors so I'm a bit in the dark here. I'm still stuck in the early 90's. :P (And most of them are still around, and most tolerate being bothered at ComicCon fairly well. >.> )
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

Pan

Postby Pan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Julian Wilbury wrote:I wasn't allowed on the Internet a lot until I was 12 or something. AND I FELT LEFT OUT 'CAUSE ALL THE COOL PEOPLE IN SCHOOL WERE ONLINE. >8|And when I did sneak on I...looked at Beanie Babies. Huh. I'm not even making this up, they were totally the first thing I looked up..>.>

I used to look up movies and musicians. I wanted to know everything about the films and music I liked and that's pretty much all I used it for. Browsing Geocities websites about specific things. Haha, I was so boring. :mrgreen: I tried going in chat rooms and forums but the people were all so much older than me that I felt left out. Then I discovered the AOL Kids Chat and spent most of my time playing games in there. XD

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 am

When I was 9 I got to play Atari 2600, and I'd never even touched real computer. We had Pac-Man, Combat, and that dumb E.T. game.

I'm old.

Ginnie

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm

HOLLYWOOD IS EVIL!!!!!!!!! I WANT THEM TO STOP RUINING ORIGINAL MOVIE CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!!! D-:<
NUMBER FIVE IS ALIVE AND ALWAYS WILL BE, NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE THE REMAKE IS!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. There's one positive thing to all this: It means there is enough interest in Short Circuit to generate a remake. It may be very good. For me, just going to the movie theater to see Short Circuit, well. that will be the most awesome thing to happen in my life :D Definitely.

I used to look up movies and musicians. I wanted to know everything about the films and music I liked and that's pretty much all I used it for. Browsing Geocities websites about specific things. Haha, I was so boring.

No, not boring at all. I used to do the same thing. No kidding, I think the very first thing I searched for on Netscape in 1996 was "Short Circuit" on "Infoseek". And guess what I found? The Internet Movie Database! I was thrilled! It wasn't much, but still I was so happy to find something about my favorite movie. Then, in 1998, I was so excited when I found that there was a little link added to IMDb's SC page. A little link for Simplenet Short Circuit page! Yeah, that old page was new back then... I printed everything to take home with me (I was on the College's Internet). I think I didn't sleep the whole night! 8-) Ah... the memories! And I would connect my headphones to the school's computer to listen to Come And Follow Me! Ah... the memories! Unbelievable! A long way we have gone.

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Yoou know when I see how much more interest there is in other things that get remade, I am amazed they want to remake Short Circuit. If you check out the websites and forums for other movies and shows from the same era, our tiny group pales in comparison. This isn't to put us down, but it's just a fact that Short Circuit is a pretty narrow area of interest in the grand scheme of things.

Also, there are now so many remakes out that they are starting to be old hat. In short there is just so much out there that nothing stands out anymore. I don't see how a remake of Short Circuit could make more of an impact than the original unless it was done in such a unique way or marketed so well that no one can ignore it. I stil hold that the first movie was marketed very poorly.

What is starting to gross me out is how the studios now overmarket, spending a year priming an audience for their new movie. Toy Story 3 is coming out in the near future and right now Disney is already starting to find new and creative ways to cram the first two down our throats at every opportunity. Sheesh. Nothinng is a surprise anymore. We see it coming a million miles away. By th etime it comes out, I'll be like - who cares.

I'm just so tired of Hollywood.

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm

GinnieFive wrote:Toy Story 3 is coming out in the near future and right now Disney is already starting to find new and creative ways to cram the first two down our throats at every opportunity. Sheesh. Nothinng is a surprise anymore. We see it coming a million miles away. By th etime it comes out, I'll be like - who cares.

I'm just so tired of Hollywood.

But they're being played as a double feature in 3D!!! :lol:

Julian Wilbury

Postby Julian Wilbury » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 am

Let's never forget the Disney Vault.

ONCE WE PUT IT IN THE VAULT IT WON'T BE AVAILABLE....

...TILL WE RELEASE IT 10 YEARS LATER FOR ITS 36TH ANNIVERSARY CLAIMING IT'S EVEN MORE REMASTERED!
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:47 am

Jeez, Disney and their vault. Don't get me started on them. and I really couldn't care less about 3D movies. Until it really feels like you're really there, I don't care.

Ginnie

Johnny5fangirl555

Postby Johnny5fangirl555 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm

But Disney and their 3D movies are fine! why are you saying bad things about them? I think they're awesome! :)

Return to “Short Circuit 2000”