Zach Braff to be the voice?

All facts, rumors, and wishlists for the upcoming remake.
Mike

Zach Braff to be the voice?

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:36 pm

According to The iWeb Show, Zach Braff, aka J.D. on Scrubs, will be the voice of Johnny Five in the remake. Anyone know about this?

Julian Wilbury

Re: Zach Braff to be the voice?

Postby Julian Wilbury » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:53 pm

I saw that a year or so ago while doing a random YouTube search for Short Circuit stuff-- so I highly doubt that thing holds any water now.

Besides, how legit is this guy? Most anybody could've gotten that information back in spring 2008...
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Seems like a good choice, actually. That is if it were ever real. Scrubs is hugely popular, funny, and Zach would be a big draw for a younger generation to see Short Circuit.

Julian Wilbury

Postby Julian Wilbury » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Never said it wouldn't be, I just have massive doubts about what random YouTube videos say. ;) Seriously, though, unlike the doom and gloom of the commenters on YT who say it would "RUIN SHORT CIRCUIT FOREVARZ" I didn't think it would be that bad. A bit jarring at first, but not horrible. (But what can I say, I'm a MST3k fan, the bots on that show have their voices subtly change every few seasons due to cast changes. :lol: )

And I used to be a Scrubs addict myself, along with half my friends my age, so no need for convincing me there. ;-9 (Now I'm just thinking of the episode where he accidentally tells the new OCD psychiatrist that his name is Johnny and is stuck with it despite remembering right after telling her that that he hates that name. :P )
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

Johnny5fangirl555

Postby Johnny5fangirl555 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Well, I think they should probably get Mike Nawrocki (the one who does Larry's voice on Veggietales) to do Johnny 5's voice instead of Zach Braff. Listen to Tim Blaney and Mike Nawrocki's voices; they almost sound similar.

And I seriously don't think this remake will be any good when it comes out.
Short Circuit is an entirely original movie, I wouldn't mess around with it. See, I'm an average 9-year-old girl. I'm a Short Circuit fan, and I don't want its reputation to be ruined. I first saw it two years ago in 2007. Soon, I became obsessed with that movie. I was exited when my mom brought home the Short Circuit 2 DVD, which I haven't seen at the time.

HOLLYWOOD IS EVIL!!!!!!!!! I WANT THEM TO STOP RUINING ORIGINAL MOVIE CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!!! D-:<
NUMBER FIVE IS ALIVE AND ALWAYS WILL BE, NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE THE REMAKE IS!!!!!!!!!!

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

J5fangirl- You talk like a jaded old adult yet you're so young! That's awesome, please keep up with the proper grammar and spelling. There's hope for the world yet if the rest of your age group is as well versed as you are.

I had a listen to Mike Nawrocki and if they can't get Tim Blaney again, he's definitely the next best thing. It'll be like the tunnel digging scene when the director stepped in to voice Johnny's line: "I'd detatch my left arm for Benjamin! Or my right arm! Or both arms..." Before knowing this, I always thought that line sounded different from the rest of his dialogue. So, that's probably how it would be with Mike Nawrocki doing the voice. I just hope he tones down the 'annoying' if he does.

Zach Braff would be fun but I'm in the Nawrocki boat.

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:55 pm

I have a hard time believeing that girl is 9, and if she is there's nothing "average" about her. And if she is 9, I think I'll be 16... forever. Yeah. And, Nessa, is that a Furby on your avatar? :D cute.

Good to see everyone here. This is kind of a stupid first post, but I had to start somewhere. And to stay on topic, I think another unknown as Johnny would be the best.

Ginnie

Johnny5fangirl555

Postby Johnny5fangirl555 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:57 am

Hi, people. I just got home from school.
GinnieFive, I think you have a point there.
But I don't lie, please believe me. I really am 9 years old. :D I also hope Tristar plans a Short Circuit 3 movie for real.
Which reminds me: Nessa, did you see my new post? It's called Short Circuit 3?
Bye, people.

P.S. I'm in fourth grade, just to tell you. Oh, and how do you get a profile avatar? I really want one.

Are you calling me a liar?
No. Maybe you have amnesia.

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am

Johnny5fangirl555 wrote:Hi, people. I just got home from school.
GinnieFive, I think you have a point there.
But I don't lie, please believe me. I really am 9 years old. :D

Are you calling me a liar?
No. Maybe you have amnesia.

Well, if you are 9 years old, go outside and play. You'll have plenty of time to fry your brain on the Internet when you're out of energy like people my age. Go, run, get some exercise, and fresh air.

Pan

Postby Pan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Actually, I can see Zach Braff as a choice... I thought he was pretty good in "Chicken Little", where he voiced the title character. His voice would be cute for a robot. XD

Johnny5fangirl555 wrote:P.S. I'm in fourth grade, just to tell you. Oh, and how do you get a profile avatar? I really want one.

I believe you. :)
I've been on the internet since I was 9 years old, and I remember people not believing my age either. I don't know why, though... :b

To upload an avatar you need to go to your Control Panel, it's located under the top banner where Johnny Five is. Then click on Profile and on the side it should say edit avatar. There you can upload an avatar. Just make sure it fits the size requirements or it won't work! :mrgreen:

Return to “Short Circuit 2000”