We've been had

Nessa

We've been had

Postby Nessa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 am

Okay, I should say 'hacked'. Holy effing ess, the lounge is a mess. Anonymous has flagged spam and off-topic reports on a lot of posts in the Lounge (including at least one by myself) and there are a whack of spam-bot ads. Time to pull out the Delete key!

Nessa

Re: We've been had

Postby Nessa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 am

There are more report alerts in the Creations section but I gotta get back to my essay writing. Just wanted to point it out to other mods.

Nobody stamps my posts with 'off-topic' in the lounge! Or anyone else for that matter. It's the lounge, it's supposed to be off-topic.

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:24 am

ick. is there a button that allows only registered members to flag/report posts? I can't figure out the real spam posts in the lounge. The usernames are all a jumble of letters and numbers and don't appear on the member list.

Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 am

my question is this...how can i see the user's IP address? I can ban them by IP if I can view their IP address. I can view MINE and the other mods, but not the spammers..but i did ban 5 usernames for spam. they were obvious .

we have a new spam BOT is what i think it is....when you look at "who's online" it shows "GOOGLE" (bot) and GOOGLE ADSENSE (bot) ....the adsense bot has always been here. the "google" bot is new.

MIKE!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Terry Andrews Jr.

Postby Terry Andrews Jr. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi All,
Holy Crap! The spammers found a way around our defences! Good luck in sorting it out. I was under the impression that you had to be manually approved as a member by a human being before you could post?

Thanks and again good luck!
Terry.
Need MORE Input.....

http://www.input-inc.com

Sergey3

Postby Sergey3 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

Need flash captcha code in register form. He can't spam forum but spam-bot is stupid and can't read text in flash (i think)
- What is this red button? eh.. "Run atomic bomb, don't click"
... "CLICK"
- Time left: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, ....1
BOOOOOM!!
....Don't click unknown red buttons xDD...
@Ru22i@n R0b0t@

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Yuck! Our little new board now has spammers! I deleted a few members/posts/topics. It reminds me of the old board, though not as worse. I hope we don't get members from Albania with a gender of 1 who start registering!

Anyway, all seems ok for now...

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 am

I would take the Albanian spammers over the 'yma_5' and friends group from a few years back ANY day.

Just sayin'. Nobody wants that.

Julian Wilbury

Postby Julian Wilbury » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 am

Sergey3 wrote:Need flash captcha code in register form. He can't spam forum but spam-bot is stupid and can't read text in flash (i think)

I thought we installed phpBB because it HAD CAPTCHA. But I registered a while ago, you may remember better. :P

Or, wait, was the CAPTCHA images JPEGs? Dhur, I know nothin about this stuff.
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I changed some CAPTCHA settings. That may halt them for a while. If it gets real bad though I can prescreen new members myself.

Return to “Website feedback”