Toy Version of Johnny 5

Show off your Johnny Five creations; drawings, music, Lego models, mini and life-size Johnnys. Whatever the movies have inspired you to make.
Mike Van Plew

Re: Toy Version of Johnny 5

Postby Mike Van Plew » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Yes the price stays the same, Jozrobotics sets the price due to what it cost to get them made so Tom sets the price, after all he's the one who paid to get them made in the first place. I just sell them when he gets me a batch, simple and easy!

Thanks for the interest,
Best Regards,
Mike

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm

I still can't believe I have a Johnny Five toy. It's unreal. I'm gonna find a special spot to display him. I'm glad there's another opportunity for fans to pick one of these up. Snatch these up while you can! Oh, nice review too. He's correct. This is a kind of holy grail :)

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:12 am

Mike, when you do get a batch from him, can you let me know? I absolutely must have one this time around, I just don't want to pre-order but will absolutely pay for one when you have them in hand. I would request that Tom "hold" one for me until they're available but I doubt he'd do that as he's only taking pre-orders 'til April 1st.

Very excited to hear about May availability! :D

Icon

Postby Icon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 am

Number 5,

If you want one from the first batch run, it's on ebay now. Just type in "Johnny 5 Toy Robot - Robot V". Mike is selling it. Good Luck!!!

-Bruce

Icon

Postby Icon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 am

My J5 (AKA Robot V) wants to say hi!!!!

-Bruce

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

^ It's easy to see the custom work you did on yours with the wires and adjustments to the eye flaps. Amazing job! :P

Icon

Postby Icon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks Number 5! Were you able to pre-order one from Tom (Jozrobotics)? If not, there is one for sale on ebay until April 10th. Just look for "Talking Johnny 5 toy Short Circuit". Good luck!

-Bruce

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Wow! .....want. Can't have :( I know the price is gonna sky rocket on this.

Icon

Postby Icon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Mike - You are right...he sold one for $400 a few weeks back and it did not have the voice box.

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Sorry Bruce, I didn't see your reply 'til just now... someone sold a talking verion on eBay? Just curious, how much did it sell for? Did it look like your custom version, with the wires, etc?

I can't wait 'til Mike gets his own batch to sell. I'm gonna' buy one asap. I did consider the one that was on eBay from the first run... but it was out of box, so I just figured I'd wait 'til May/June, when he has more.

I'm not as crafty as you obviously are with modelling but I hope I can make mine look similar. It just gives it a more authentic look.

Return to “Creations”