Toy Version of Johnny 5

Show off your Johnny Five creations; drawings, music, Lego models, mini and life-size Johnnys. Whatever the movies have inspired you to make.
Mike Van Plew

Re: Toy Version of Johnny 5

Postby Mike Van Plew » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Thank You Alisha! (Kiwi), you know I have been trying to get in touch with you? Where are you? Will you Please contact me as soon as you can!

Best Regards,
Mike, Model/Toy Maker

Icon

Postby Icon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Mike,

Please keep us posted on the next batch of J5s or any upcoming projects you have. I love to get me hands on one of the gold ones.

-Bruce
Last edited by Icon on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:15 am

In retrospect, I regret not picking one up when they were available... but the price hike and unorganized ordering process was a major turn off for me. I'm glad to see so many are enjoying it though. Keep the dream alive! :)

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Twenty Five years goes by from the first movie and Our Beloved Johnny 5 and even though some will never be able to get their hands one one of the toy versions it still amazes me that after all these years of trial and error only a handful of individuals will ever be satisfied with these rare treasures!

If you'd ask me would I like to see them everywhere in every store, SURE! but you already know that's not going to happen. Because it's not like the ones from the second movie and isn't RC or even made of metal well then I guess those that feel they can say anything bad about it is their only recourse But since those that didn't even try and get something made really have no opinion on the subject of getting a toy made!

After all these years I hear both sides! Praise and Negative comments, I don't mind the praise but the Negative comments really hurt! I really thought I was going out of my way to create something special for the true fan, and just because someone can't get one or afford to purchase one keeps saying there too expensive has no idea a what cost it has been to my life from my side of this perspective.

The whole process has been painfully slow and a rather higher mountain to climb that what was first considered. I would hope that any fan would understand this and appreciate the effort that has been shown in the making of such a wanted item, before making a statement on anything to do with this project, as Yoda would say "DO or Do Not!, There is no TRY!" so I did and still some make me wonder was it worth it?

Stay Tuned! We'll find out won't we! Don't we all love a good story with a happy ending? Johnny said it best "NO DISASSEMBLE!"
"I AM ALIVE!"

I just wanted to say Thank You to those who have stuck by my side throughout all these years with this and really appreciate what I have given to them, a heart ain't cheap! and only so much can be given without becoming empty!

Warmest Regards to my Friends here at Johnny-Five dot com,
Michael Van Plew

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Mike, with all due respect, my comments were not meant to hurt or insult and I do apologize if they did. As I'm an artist myself, I can tell you that you have to learn to take the bad with the good. Everyone is going to state their opinion and you just have to learn to rise above it. Now I'll say, when I told you what I originally thought of the final product and that I thought the outer portions of the the eyes were a bit too big and didn't look as good as your original model, your response was that you guys couldn't make it look too much like J5 or you feared the legal ramifications. Well, just so you know, posting about it all over the internet, calling it "The Johnny Five robot" will land you in hot water just as quickly. I didn't appreciate the hypocritical behavior you displayed in regards to mine and others critiques. Thusly, don't ask people what they think of your work, if you're unwilling to hear anything you might deem negative.

I have the utmost respect for the fact that you spent so much time and effort creating the Robot V, I truly do... but don't insult myself and others, by claiming that those of us that didn't end up getting one simply couldn't afford it. That rhetoric doesn't sit well with me. The fact is, the ordering process wasn't exactly well done. In fact, it was far from that... I can't even recall how many sign-up lists were created, there were so many. Yes, I backed out when it just became a giant free-for-all and these aforementioned sign-up lists weren't respected. The giant cash grab this project became really overshadowed the whole 'for the fans by the fans' theme you had going for you.

Again, I DO appreciate what you guys have done here and I know that you are not the only one to blame for a lot of these issues, so try not to take it so personally. I still love what was created and if some fans out there are enjoying theirs, that's great! If you ever make more, I'll consider purchasing one... but only if things are done fairly and not simply for the pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:23 pm

First, Thanks Number 5, I do take the bad with the good! and I do understand the hurry up for the selling which took place in the beginning and of course your right it was not my doing just what Jozrobotics wanted to make sure that the initial first batch of 100 would sell, and they did! within five weeks all were gone.

Just a testament to the popularity of J5, plus the added cost of getting the thing made all seemed to be rushed and a much better job could and should have been done to ensure quality rather than quantity. Try as hard as I might some thing are just out of my reach and control.

If I have erred on the side of the toy being called "Johnny 5" instead of it's actual name of "Robot V" then I accept and apologize and again state that it is what it is! It has the look of "Johnny 5" just not the actual details of the ones from the movies, close but similar in appearance.

In any case I do accept your critique of the whole situation Number 5 and Thank You for keeping it real! I do hope we can get more made but that will depend on demand. Also it was never my intention to offend and do apologize if it seemed that way.

Best Regards,
Mike

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Here is an excellent review of the Toy "ROBOT V"

Please Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot9CiWCHeMk

Best Regards,
Mike

Icon

Postby Icon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Mike,

I just saw your post on Facebook ("I Want A Johnny 5 Toy Robot!") and I'm so happy to hear that you and Tom are making more robots. I want to get one of the gold ones.

-Bruce
Last edited by Icon on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks Bruce, I just got the call last night from Tom of Jozrobotics about getting the second batch run!

Now we'll have another 100 to sell so that those that didn't get one the first time have the chance this time.

I will be putting the one's I get up on e-bay and he will of course sell his through his site http://www.jozrobotics.com

He may even take pre-orders but not sure and I won't do that, I will wait until I have them in my hands to sell.

I do know that this however will be the final run of the Robot V toy (Johnny 5) so we'll see how it goes? I just want it to go well so that many people will be happy about it and not upset or frustrated over such a simple thing as a toy robot.

I can only do my part, and feel that at least it has been done! Now nobody can say a toy was never made, simple as that!

These are made for the collector and fan of J5 and that's what we have always catered to!

Hope everybody that wants one gets one! Good Luck!

Best Regards,
Mike

Icon

Postby Icon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Mike,

Are the pricing staying the same? $200-250 + shipping. I hope i get one this time.

-Bruce

Return to “Creations”