Toy Version of Johnny 5

Show off your Johnny Five creations; drawings, music, Lego models, mini and life-size Johnnys. Whatever the movies have inspired you to make.
Mike Van Plew

Toy Version of Johnny 5

Postby Mike Van Plew » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

I want to inform the membership that a Toy Version of Johnny 5 is finally being made!

It is based off my model version that I made over ten years ago. It stands at about 13" in height 5" wide and about 9" in depth.

Those of you who already have one of my models knows how much detail I put into them and the Toy Version has all of those features plus also being able to roll on it's treads and have fully movable arms and head. As this is only the first version it is pretty much an action figure type of robot, we do plan on making later versions with lights and sounds as well.....but those will come at a later time, after we see if the first 100 are purchased.

Due to legal reasons it will not be called Johnny 5 or Number 5 and will not contain the Short Circuit names anywhere!........It will simply be called "Robot V" but you already know how it looks anyway so it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Be aware that there will only be 100 made in the initial run, each will be numbered individually, and no you can not get numbers 1 thru 5 as those are already spoken for! So 6 thru 100 are up for sale.

The Toy version should be available about September THIS YEAR! each will cost $200 U.S. Dollar's Plus shipping which will only be shipped only by Express Mail with tracking numbers! This is being done to ensure delivery.....so I hope you all understand this policy?

Another way to see the progress of the Toy Version is on Facebook under the Group name of "I Want A Johnny 5 Toy Robot". All you have to do is go to Facebook and in the search line type in I Want A Johnny 5 Toy Robot and it will take you to the group page where there are pictures and information, plus if you are a member of FB then you can join the group as well. I hope many of you here will join and also be one of the first 100 to get one of these because you all have been loyal to this web site and Short Circuit and Johnny 5 for so long and it's finally happening.

If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them here or on facebook. Only when I have these Toy Versions of Johnny 5 in my hands will I tell you where and when or how to send the payment for one of these exclusive toy versions.........and I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!!!!!!

First there were NO toys made, Then my model was made and sold plus some scratch built ones, even some full-size ones built and being still made and now finally only a rare few are going to get the chance to finally own a toy Johnny 5!

"You Know The Name, Now Own The Toy!"

Mike, The Model Maker now the Toy Maker

Sparky

Re: Toy Version of Johnny 5

Postby Sparky » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I joined the FB group, thanks for the info. Its seldom I can afford a $200 prop/toy but I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 pm

It's getting made. Woot! Very cool, Mike! :D Great job on seeing it to the end and getting it out there. You've made many a happy fan! Can't wait.

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:44 am

Awesome! I hope I can afford it ;-)

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 pm

very cool...thats great news....

Technoboots

Postby Technoboots » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 am

I'd love to get one of these, I've been looking for a figure of Johnny 5 for ages.

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Some new photos of the Toy Version just the parts but it is happening!

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/ ... machineman

check 'em out!

mike

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Nice Mike! It's all coming together. It's really HERE! Wooo! I like the garden shot :)

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 pm

More Pictures up at photobucket check them out! Enjoy!

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/ ... machineman

Number 5

Postby Number 5 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Mike, I'll definitely be purchasing one when they're available... I don't quite see a sign-up sheet or anything as of yet but the fact that the group has over 100 members now is of some concern. All I ask is that you guys add me to the list, as I definitely don't wanna' miss out.

Thanks!
William

Return to “Creations”