Chappie

Discuss your favorite movies.
Josee Millette

Chappie

Postby Josee Millette » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 am

I wanted to start a new topic about the movie "Chappie" that came out in March. Very similar to Short Circuit 2 and has some elements of Short Circuit. I was wondering if anyone saw it and what are your thoughts. I saw it four times (!), meaning I really liked it. Well, that was once I stopped comparing it to Short Circuit 2. It is very similar, but of course Short Circuit 2 is better! I really liked the design of the robot -- not as great as J5, but still interesting. And they've got an Indian in the movie -- just like SC2 -- but this time he is played by an actual Indian!

Mike

Re: Chappie

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:03 pm

I heard the bluray has a new ending. Did you see it? What do you think without giving too much away?

Michael McCollins13+

Postby Michael McCollins13+ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:08 am

I find movie"Chappie" really to be very similar to Short Circuit 2. I did not watch it 4 times, one time watch was enough for me to be under pleasant impression. I have even written my assignment about favourite movie. I understood that Chappi was exactly what I wanted write about that time. By the way, I do not consider Short Circuit 2 to be better! Both movies are great separately.

joshuanstevens

Postby joshuanstevens » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:23 am

Chappie is a 2015 American science fiction film directed by Neill Blomkamp. The screenplay, written by Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell, is based on Blomkamp's 2004 short film Tetra Vaal.

Return to “The Film Forum”