Michael Jackson's This Is It!

Discuss your favorite movies.
Pan

Postby Pan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 pm

This is entirely random, but I'm curious if anyone else is going to see this film?

I purchased my theater ticket in advance last night for the 27th screening and I'm so excited! 8D

Josee Millette

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It!

Postby Josee Millette » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:56 am

Yep, most definitely. I purchased a ticket in advance for the October 28th screening. I'm so happy that this movie has been made. I can't wait to see it. I went to a Michael Jackson's tribute in Montreal last Monday. It was great.

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Lol. I don't know if it's because I mentioned Montreal, but now I get an ad about a hotel in Montreal. These ads are so smart 8-)

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 pm

lol you can tell this is a board of scientific minds cuz we all wanna play with the google ad-ware. At least we're subtly controlling it! I'd hate to see any of the banners of the older crowd start showing up (and it's hard to mention it without mentioning it because it'll be like 'oh, keyword! here's some stuff for people who are allowed to look at it!)

SAINT4

Postby SAINT4 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:01 am

Not really... its just a TV doco that interviews people who worked with him at his last world tour before he died. Not prepared to spend $15.50 to watch a doco you can see on Discovery or Real Life on Sky TV.

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, I saw this movie twice already.... Yeah. Going crazy. It's really good and well worth the admission price. It was better than I expected. I'll definitely go again. The audience on opening night was fantastic.

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:00 pm

i gotta say i could not care less about michael jackson, his history, upbringing or whatever. the guy was a freak of nature with a plastic face who belongs in a wax museum....

Pan

Postby Pan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Josee, did you enjoy watching it? :D

SAINT4 wrote:Not really... its just a TV doco that interviews people who worked with him at his last world tour before he died. Not prepared to spend $15.50 to watch a doco you can see on Discovery or Real Life on Sky TV.

It most definitely is not! They didn't even interview anyone in this film. It was all about the genius behind the music.
While it is a documentary, they put together all the rehearsal footage to make it feel like a concert. I'm sure Michael was only putting in about 20% (which was still amazing, btw) because he was trying to make sure everyone else was doing what they were supposed to be doing. I, for one, loved it and plan on seeing it again. It was well worth it. :mrgreen:

Paul wrote:i gotta say i could not care less about michael jackson, his history, upbringing or whatever. the guy was a freak of nature with a plastic face who belongs in a wax museum....

He was nothing of the sort. I can only wish that more people could be as loving, giving and caring as he was all his life. That they could look past appearances, races and colour like he did. How he looked has nothing to do with anything. If people would stop believing everything they read or hear from the media and tabloids they'd know what a beautiful person he was. I'm glad this film came out, so more people can see the real person he was. Professional, funny, and full of love. L-O-V-E! :)

It's those who say things like this that make me feel like I am a freak for liking him. I even hid it for a long time despite being a fan all my life. In fact, this is why I usually don't tell people about a lot of things I love (not just MJ). I mean, is it nessecary to say something like that? But there will always be hates, I guess. :(

hoohoney

Postby hoohoney » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 am

Return to “The Film Forum”